Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Merry Gold Christmas Card


Good afternoon! There are several Christmas in July challenges right now. When I sat down to create my card I wasn't in the mood for red and green. So, I went gold. I used to decorate my Christmas tree in gold, silver and white, that is until my hubby told me it was boring. Now we have a traditional Christmas tree with all colors and different ornaments. He helps me pick out the ornaments and we decorate the tree together, so the change was good.

Okay, onto my card. This Merry Gold Christmas Card is a 5" x 5" card. I used Very Vanilla and Antique Gold for the color scheme. The layout comes from the current sketch at Feeling Sketchy. I added a few pearl details and some glitter paper for sparkle. I heat embossed the image (Special Delivery by Stampendous!) and sentiment (Teeny Tiny Wishes by Stampin' Up!) in detail gold embossing powder by Stampendous!. Oh... if only making a Christmas card would bring cooler weather, I would be a very happy girl! Thanks for stopping by!

My Merry Gold Christmas Card is entered into the following challenges:

12 comments:

  1. This card looks so delicate and is very appealing to the eye. The colors are great with the pearls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Decorating together is way more fun :) I love these colours together - so very elegant! And how cute is that stamp?
    Me too I could use a break from the heat...I love the fall. I love it most during the summer while I'm waiting for it, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I really like this card and your colour scheme is fantastic. Thanks for joining us at Feeling Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card for Christmas...very pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Feeling Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh these colors are gorgeous Andrea! I love silver and gold for the holidays and your pearl accents are just perfect. So glad you joined us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute is this, Andrea! I love the monochromatic look, and those perfect pearls! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so cute. Thanks for joining us at Feeling Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous image and I love the color choices. The pearls really add the perfect finishing touch. So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! Gorgeous colours & such cute image. I would love this card in my mailbox.
    Thank you for playing along with us at Feeling Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute, I love the monochrome gold. Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Challenges this week

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pearl details. Thanks for playing at Feeling Sketchy xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. My, it’s still a couple of months before Christmas season and yet I feel like the cold breeze is fast approaching and the spirit of giving is near. Thanks a lot for sharing that inspiring work of yours. It just made me feel happy and light-hearted. Hope to see more of your fun-filled works!

    My homepage | Online PhD in Law

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊