Kelly's Place, just click the link to read the story about Emma. For my card I used one of her favorite colors, purple along with Fluffles the cat by Stampendous! I hope you will join along and make a few cards for Emma. Here are a few details from Kelly's blog:
If you would like to help encourage Emma on her journey here are some guidelines:
- Cards can be anything cheery, encouraging, supportive, etc.You can include or incorporate kid-friendly jokes! Please avoid get well card and reminders of being sick. Please avoid holiday specific cards so the cards can be used anytime over the next two years.
- Emma loves the colors green, purple and blue. She has no siblings. She has two dogs, a cat and a fish. She LOVES horses and bunnies. She enjoys horseback riding, swimming, dancing and singing.
- All cards need to have a positive message in it for the child/family. Please also sign your name and the city or state where you are from. There could be a geography lesson in there! Also, please don't seal the envelope, as the parents might want to preview cards before Emma sees them.
- Please stick to just cards or lightweight things like stickers, etc. if you'd like to put something in the card. I will be delivering the cards to Addison's family and they will then get the cards to Emma's family so no additional shipping costs will be incurred.
- You are welcome to send store-bought cards, but they will not be eligible for prizes.
- There is no need to send money or postage with your cards.
- In each package, PLEASE include a piece of paper with your name and email address and how many cards you sent . This helps in keeping track for prizes! For each handmade card you send, you will get a chance for a prize. So the more cards you send, the better your chances; however, one prize per person.
- PLEASE SHARE this post on your blog, etc. Maybe consider making a card for Emma using a sketch or color challenge. The more people who see this, the better!
- Winners of prizes will be randomly drawn on or around July 20, 2014 and notified on this blog and via email (must be provided with cards and written clearly).
All cards can be mailed to the following address:
P.O Box 58388
Cincinnati, Ohio 45258
To help spread the word, I'm entering my card in the following challenges: