Sunday, March 2, 2014

Yellow Flower Birthday Card

Today it's be snowing and sleeting here in Oklahoma. We've even had some thunder and lightning throughout the day. Thunder snow is what they called it. Needless to say it's been a great day to stay inside and make a card inspired by Spring colors. I used patterned paper from the Little Bo Peep Collection by Crate Paper. I've been hoarding this paper for awhile. Green is one of my favorite colors and the shade of green in this collection is just beautiful. Since the papers are pretty busy, I did some zig zag stitching to add subtle detail. The pink card stock is Primrose Petals by Stampin' Up! and I used So Saffron, Daffodil Delight and Crushed Curry inks to create the flower. The yellow flower was created using the Secret Garden stamp set and matching framelits. I stamped the flower three times and did some fussing cutting for the layered center. The leaves were cut with the Little Leaves Sizzlits and the scallop circle is by Spellbinders. The Happy Birthday Wishes sentiment is from the Simply Sketched Stampin' Up! hostess stamp set and I used and oval punch and my Cricut for the base oval. The final touch was a Crushed Curry Candy Dot in the center of the flower. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful week!

My Yellow Flower Birthday Card is entered into the following challenges:


21 comments:

  1. Saw this on Make It Monday…Love it!! Feel free to check out my entries..so far that would be #5 & #6 
    Be sure to check out the HUGE blog candy I have on my blog right now!! http://busyinspirations.blogspot.com/
    Hugs,
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous. Love that awesome stitching. I spotted you over on Make it Monday and popped over for a closer look and I am so glad that I did.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card - love the colours! Your stitching is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!!! Love that big flower! Your colors are wonderful!!! Saw you on MIM! and I you also entered at Open-Minded!! :) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

    - Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous and I love the stitching! It adds pizzazz! I saw this on MIM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome bright card -- this is a great creation on a cold wintry day. The spring colors are a great way to say Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Andrea, thanks for your lovely comment and I spotted you on MIM.
    Your card is gorgeous, your design and papers are fabulous and I love the beautiful daffodil!!

    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card and I love the zigzag stitching. Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Corner Challenges.
    Nancy, DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow you sound like you are having all kinds of different weather! Love the card and the fabulous stitching!

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky. I’m doing a little giveaway to celebrate 500 followers come and join in http://crafting-vicky.blogspot.ca/2014/02/woooow-celebration-in-order-its-500.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spring is in the air :) Nice card. Thanks for joining us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges. Good Luck! Joanna DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card and beautiful Flower Andrea. I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a lovely and very pretty card !!! I love the design !!! Thank you so much for joining us at Jo's FFC !!! Hope you have a wonderful day !!!

    Mayra DTM
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw your pretty card on MIM - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! I love your choice of Patterned paper. Thank you for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create. Amy A.,DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty love all the details on this card. Thank you so much for joining us at Jo’s FFC :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that pop of yellow!

    I saw this on MIM and had to come get a closer look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous glimpse of spring your card offers,just lovely! Saw it on MIM, glad I did!.x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card!! Love the Spring Colours you have used!!
    Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
    Cheers Jennie DTM
    Jenscrapstoo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Me again. Still a beautiful card but I'm wearing another hat. Thank you for sharing with us at Open Minded Crafting Fun, Amy A.,DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi, Andrea - I just came from Jo's Scrap Shack - you won something over there with this beautiful card! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is really lovely, Andrea! Fab flowers. So glad you chose to play along in our "Something Green" challenge at Open-Minded Crafting Fun this fortnight. Good luck in the draw.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊