Sunday, August 10, 2014

Vivid Vases for The Paper Players


Howdy and Happy Sunday! Are you ready for another challenge at The Paper Players? I hope you will join us this week for a Color Challenge hosted by Nance. One of the reasons I love color challenges is it pushes me to use colors that I normally wouldn't put together. I'll admit I was a little apprehensive about these colors when I first saw them. I really love the photo inspiration and the colors look great together but I wasn't sure where to start.  The first thing I decided on was the layout. Then the question was what to use for my focal image? I'm pretty sure I looked at every stamp set I have and finally decided the Vivid Vases stamp would look best. I used StazOn Jet Black to stamp the image onto Very Vanilla cardstock and used Copic markers in Cool Gray and Blendabilities markers in Calypso Coral to color the vases. The flowers were colored with a blender pen and classic ink pads.  For the patterned paper I dug through my stash to find this Chevron design by lilybeedesign. The Chevron pattern is vanilla instead of white and  that's exactly what I wanted. Then I decided to add the butterfly. Using the lightest color of Calypso Coral Blendabilities marker I colored an area on Very Vanilla cardstock. Then using the Papillon Potpourri stamp set and Calypso Coral classic ink pad I stamped the butterfly which was then punched using the Elegant Butterfly punch. To jazz up the butterfly I add three small basic pearls. Looking at the card I decided it needed three more gemstones up top and so I added larger ones by The Paper Studio. In the end I'm really happy with the way it turned out.

Now, you should definitely check out the wonderful creations from The Paper Players design team! I'm always amazed at the creative things everyone else comes up with and I can't wait to see what you will do with the colors. The challenge is open until Noon (PST) on Friday, August 15th. Thanks for stopping by and have a marvelous day!


12 comments:

  1. Such pretty colours! They look so much prettier on your card than on the sample! Beautiful design, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your beautifully coloured flower vases Andrea! The patterned paper is the perfect co-ordinating touch too. Great use of this week's challenge colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! I like the image you chose, worked out so well with the color combo.The gemstones were a great final touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your card, Andrea! The coloring is beautiful on your vases and you made this colors work so well together! The gems are the perfect touch! XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous, Andrea! Lovely coloring job on this stamp and you've really shown how pretty these colors are together. Your layout is awesome too and works equally well to showcase the DSP and the stamp. Thanks for rockin' my colors this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card! I love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andrea, this is so beautifully done! B I love the balance and your choice of the colors for the background. It makes the whole card pop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andrea, what a great job you've done combining these colors and I particularly love how you've colored the vases. I'm pinning this right onto my vivid vases board!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty, Andrea! You did a great job with these challenging colors! Just lovely! Your shading makes them pop right off the page!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card, Andrea! I love the layout, and your coloring is perfect! The butterfly sets everything off!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous!! Your colouring is spectacular on the vases - they really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautifully colored... the vases pop so beautifully. I love the little butterfly, too. Fabulous card.
    Hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊