Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Handy Birdie Easel Card


Drum roll, please!!! I've been making cards since 2011, but this is my first easel card. I don't know why I waited so long to make one. Probably because I was afraid to try something new. However, this week at Cardz 4 Guyz the theme is Easel Cards. So, afraid or not I had to give it a try. To get started I watched a video on YouTube (click here). The design is simple and basic which worked great as a beginner. I started with a bright green cardstock and made my score lines. The colored Handy Birdie image, screwdriver paper and sentiment are from Doodle Pantry. I cut and layered all pieces and assembled this Handy Birdie Easel Card. We would love for you to join us this week at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Will this challenge be your first easel card? If it is, let me know.

9 comments:

  1. Hi, Andrea! I've made a couple easel cards and they are never as hard as I think they're going to be - in fact, they are quite easy. The shaped ones are a bit more tricky but not much. I think I shall soon make another one! I love your handyman birdie and the wonderful sentiment - great colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, Andrea! This is just fantastic! I love easel cards and your coloring is FABULOUS! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOHOOO! Way to go, Andrea! (I've been doing it since 2003 steadily, and no easel cards for me either...better get on it.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Applause... Applause ... Applause. Well done Andrea, I am so pleased you rose to the challenge, you have made a wonderful card, I love your final result. A good job - well done indeed. Thanks for your inspiration and for proving it can be done for the challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great easel style card, Andrea - fab choice of image too.
    Hugz, Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. An easel card is a great way to display such a cute card -- the graphic and the papers you selected are a great pairing!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on making your first easel card, I'm sure it will be the first of many. You've chosen a great image and backing paper for it, too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great first easel card Andrea - you'll be making lots now x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sure did a great job on your first...this is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊