Friday, July 3, 2015

Red Flower Hello Card

Hello and Happy Friday! I hope you have an extra day off this week in honor of the Fourth of July. My hubby is off with me today and we are planning to do a few fun things around town. :)

The Red Flower Hello Card I'm sharing with you today was created using the color challenge CCMC362 at Create with Connie & Mary. The colors are: Real Red, Lost Lagoon or Crumb Cake/Kraft. I started by searching through some of my stash of discarded ideas and I found the woodgrain oval. It had already been whitewashed with Craft ink and looked like a nice focal piece. Then I searched through my patterned papers for the challenge colors. The Lost Lagoon is from the All Abloom paper stack and the sponged background paper is from the Irresistibly Yours specialty paper. I've used a lot of retired products on this card but I love mixing the old and new. The stamps sets used are Petal Potpourri and Perfect Pennants. The final touches were adding the silver brad in the middle of the flower and three silver sequins. That's it! Thanks for stopping by and have a happy and safe holiday weekend! 

10 comments:

  1. I love the design of your card and all of the different patterns and shapes. It is all so pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary. Hope you had a nice day on the town with the hubby :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great mix of shapes and patterns in these colors! I love how the red flower stands out against the neutral background. Thank you for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your color blocking technique with the different papers. Love how the bright red flower takes center stage. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie and Mary color challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mix of patterns and colours Andrea and I especially love the woodgrain oval - it makes the red flower pop! Thanks for joining us again over at Create With Connie and Mary this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the pattern that I am seeing on this card. I'm a fan of mixing old and new too! That red flower is definitely an eye catcher, pretty! Thanks for playing along this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how your red flower just pops on your beautiful background. You had so many cool patterns in your background! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty and a great card design. I love the bold flower. Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great design and layout you've used for your card!! Great mix of patterns and use of the challenge colors for your lovely creation! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how this looks all put together! I love it when you can use something that was discarded from a different project and give it new life! The wood-grain oval is wonderful! Thanks for playing with us at Create With Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊