Monday, September 14, 2015

Trio of Definitely Dahlia Cards


This Trio of Definitely Dahlia Cards was inspired by a color challenge at Create with Connie and Mary and a sketch challenge at Sweet Sunday Sketch. I also used the challenge at Use Your Stuff to use Stencils on my project. When I sat down to create a card I was debating way too hard on how to layer the colors and that's why I decided to make a Trio of Definitely Dahlia Cards. I flipped the colors three different directions using the same layout. I love seeing the difference that moving the colors around makes. The colors used include: So Saffron, Delightful Dijon and Night of Navy.

Let me know which card is your favorite arrangement of the challenge colors?

Card 1:

Card 2:

Card 3:

Stampin' Up! Supplies Used:
  • Paper: Whisper White, So Saffron, Delightful Dijon and Night of Navy cardstock.
  • Stamps: Definitely Dahlia, Kinda Eclectic (Butterflies) and Watercolor Wishes (Sentiments).
  • Inks: So Saffron, Delightful Dijon and Night of Navy.
  • Other Stuff: Decorative Dots embossing folder, stencil from Happy Patterns set, sponges, Butterfly punches, Basic Rhinestones and Stampin' Dimensionals. 
Thanks for stopping by and have a creative day!!!

13 comments:

  1. I love your card trio! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are gorgeous, Andrea! I LOVE that dahlia stamp! What a beautiful set of cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! Just wow!!!! I LOVE the sponged, diamond pattern background! It really sets the perfect stage for the beautiful dahlia!!! Thanks for playing with us at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful trio with spectacular detail! I am such a fan of the Dahlia stamp and it looks great on your cards! Thanks for playing this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how wonderful! It's nice to know someone else does that too...not sure which addition of the color I like best. I will have to say that although I like them all #1 definitely caught my eye right away! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a COOL way to use these colors on all 3 cards! I like all 3, but #2 is my favorite because the colors seem to pop! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Each of these are so pretty with the trellis background! Great use of thee colors! Thank you for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, such beautiful creations! Thanks so much for joining us at our UYS Challenge ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Andrea - all three cards look fantastic and show this week's colours off to great effect. Thanks for joining us over at Create With Connie and Mary this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful cards and so interesting how different each one looks based on the arrangement of colors! Hmm, maybe the third one?? but I do like them all! Thanks for joining us for the color challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are beautiful! I love them all! Such a striking color combination! Thanks for joining us this week at Use Your Stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness all three of these cards are gorgeous and I don't know which one is may favorite! Thanks for joining in our stencil challenge at Use Your Stuff this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for joining in with our Stencil challenge at UYS, these are so pretty! and not overdone with the muted colours you chose.
    Come back again and take part in the Fall challenge we have up now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊