Thursday, June 15, 2017

Newton's Birdbath Card

As usual I've waited until the last day to create my card for the Inky Paws Challenge to use Stripes. My crafting table was covered in fabric for a sewing project but I finally finished and cleaned it off. Then I totally messed it up with papercrafting supplies. Oh well! It never stays clean. What fun would a clean table provide?

This is the first time I've used the Newton's Birdbath stamp set and coordinating dies. I love my backyard birds and I love cats, so this is one of my favorite new stamp sets by Newton's Nook. Copic markers were used to color the images. The sky background was created using a brayer with tumbled glass distress ink on white cardstock. The scalloped plaid frame was die cut using frame cutting plate by Taylored Expressions and the green striped grass was punched with a Fiskars grass punch. That pretty much sums it up. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!

This Newton's Birdbath Card is entered into the following challenges:

8 comments:

  1. This image is very sweet. I like the papers you used.
    Thanks for playing with us at Creative Knockouts. Good luck!!
    Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How super sweet. What a cute image. I really love how you made the card and your great colouring :-)
    Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges :-D
    Hugz
    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww this is so cute Andrea! I love the fun scene you created and that fabulous sentiment!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so cute! Thanks so much for sharing at Inky Paws Challenge!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun image! The bright colours are fab! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is so adorable! I love the striped grass for the challenge entry :) Thanks for playing along with our Inky Paws Challenge at Newton's Nook Designs.
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a darling scene for such a cute kitty! Thanks for your visit and for leaving your sweet comment. Glad you joined us at LRW this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, love the images and the little scene you have created x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊