Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Newton Halloween Card


Happy Tuesday! I mail around a dozen cards for Halloween to family and friends. Since it will be here next month I decided to get a start on my cards. To create this Newton Halloween Card I used the sketch from Newton's Inky Paws Challenge. When I first saw the sketch I thought it would make a cool moon card. The flying broom and kitty image from the Newton's Boo-tiful Night stamp set was the best choice to use in front of the moon.

To start I made the moon using watercolor paper and distress oxide inks in Antique Linen and Fossilized Amber. A small amount of Frayed Burlap was added to the edges of the moon, then it was spritzed with water and a heat gun used to speed the drying process. Then I made the sky background with distress oxide inks in Salty Ocean, Seedless Preserves and Black Soot on mixed media paper. The same process was used, spritz with water and heat set. Once this panel was dried I heat embossed several stars with Wow! Glow-in-the-Dark embossing powder and the sentiment with white embossing powder. The white strip of paper was stamped with the little bat. Newton was colored with Copic markers and then fussy-cut. Next everything was assembled and adhered flat for easy mailing. I decided it needed a little more sparkle, so I added three star sequins and that's it. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!

This Newton Halloween Card is entered into the following challenges:

Sketch:

8 comments:

  1. That saying is soo cute! Like how you made the circle in the sketch a moon for the Newton witch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute - I love the layout and the funny sentiment :-D Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.
    Hugz
    IKE

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny :-) Love the image and the sentiment, so sweet. Great background as a starry night, love the blending of blues. Thank you for joining Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the combo of the papers!
    Thanks for linking to the Inky Paws Challenge
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute! I love how you used the circle in the sketch for the moon! Thanks for getting inky with us and linking up to our inky paws challenge!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely idea and use of the sketch! Gorgeous card. Thank you for playing with us on the Inky Paws Challenge and hope to see your cards next week too! Hugs, Zsofi

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! Love the Distress Oxide background! Perfect balance of spooky and cute! So glad you shared with us at Inky Paws Challenge!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing! I love all the fun halloween layers with your sweet kitty!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Inky Paws!
    <3 Emily L.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊