Monday, January 29, 2018

Elephant Sympathy Card


This past week at the Tulsa Zoo their long time resident Gunda an Asian elephant passed away at the age of 67. She lived two decades longer than the average lifespan of an Asian elephant. My hubby and I were planning a trip to the zoo, so I made this Elephant Sympathy Card to give to the Zoo Keepers and Staff.

The elephant image is by Bugaboo Digi Stamps and it's one of my favorite older images. It's been in my stash since 2012 and I already had several printed to make a set of note cards. A paisley embossing folder by Cuttlebug, another older favorite, was used along with a scalloped frame by Taylored Expressions and the Petite Petal stamp set by Stampin' Up!. The colors include: Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Perfect Plum and Pear Pizzazz all by Stampin' Up!. That's it, thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!

Challenges entered:

8 comments:

  1. A lovely 'old favorite' image and a super idea to take a card to he Zoo. A really lovely card.
    Thank you for joining our 'Old Favorites' challenge this week at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me sad. I love elephants. You are so thoughtful to make the card for the zoo staff. I am sure their hearts are broken and I hope your card will bring some comfort. I hope you have a good day at the zoo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an extremely thoughtful & caring thing for you to do for the folks who had the care of this elephant. It's a wonderful card, so personalized, and I love the dark paisley design on the elephant. Very pretty with the corner flowers and the color scheme you have chosen. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card with such a meaningful purpose, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is awesome that you are sending a card to the zoo whose elephant recently died... and what a pretty card it is! Thank you for participating in the Do Something Digital Challenge at International Art & Soul!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous and beautiful card!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful.
    Thanks for entering Creative Moments Challenge. Hope You join our next challenge
    hugs MiaPuh
    DT Creative Moments

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊